Today, SecureSystem announced that Dr. Thorsten Blecker, Professor of Information Technology for Logistics at the Hamburg University of Technology, and a thought leader in the areas of transport security and anti-terrorism compliance, has joined our Global Advisory Board.
“The addition of Thorsten Blecker brings added depth and experience to our team, particularly in the area supply chain security,” said Tom Ziemba, SecureSystem CEO. “ Thorsten’s experience will be invaluable as we continue to grow SecureSystem and further expand our reach into the global supply chain.”
SecureSystem empowers shippers with in-transit visibility into the location, status, and condition of their cargo, transforming standard shipping containers into smart, connected assets using sensors, redundant communication links, and patented personalized access control. A cloud-based Trust Center allows global monitoring and data integration into clients’ information management systems.
Previously announced Global Advisory Board members from aspects of industry and government central to SecureSystem’s growth strategy include:
- Dave Abel, Co-Founder of Prime Vector, Inc, an automation and artificial intelligence operations company, former general manager of IBM Global Business Services, former Partner at PriceWaterhouseCoopers
- Carl-Peter Forster, Board Member of Geely Automotive Holdings and Volvo Cars, and former group CEO at Tata Motors and CEO and President of GM Europe
- Max Holtzman, Principal at Pontos Aqua Advisory, Vice Chairman of Capitol Peak Asset Management, and former Senior Advisor to the United States Secretary of Agriculture
- Marco Lopez, senior advisor to Grupo Carso, Latin American trade and security executive and former chief of staff at U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- General Douglas Lute (Ret.), CEO of Cambridge Global Advisors, former U.S. Ambassador to NATO and Assistant to Presidents Bush and Obama
- Tom Winkowski, former Commissioner of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Thorsten Blecker studied business administration and subsequently worked in satellite communications. He re-joined University research in 1996 in Klagenfurt; since 2004 he has held the professorship for information technology in logistics at the Hamburg University of Technology. Among other topics, he deals with transport security and anti-terrorism compliance. He is actively involved in Logistics Initiative Hamburg (500+ member companies) and has founded a logistics consultancy. Thorsten Blecker has taught in Hamburg, Berlin, Nuremberg, Klagenfurt and Madrid. He serves as an independent expert and evaluator, e.g. for ministries and research programs in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Austria, Cyprus, Hong Kong as well as European programs.
Erica De Vos